The Davis Cup Marching Band Invitational will be held on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Davis High School. Now in its 47th year, the Davis Cup is Utah's "Granddaddy" marching band competition. Originally held as a district event held indoors at the Salt Palace Arena in 1973, the activity and event has evolved over the years. We are grateful to be able to continue hosting Utah's longest running show and help to "Defend the Tradition."
Senior Student Tribute in Printed Program
Your son or daughter is experiencing their last year in the Davis High School Marching Band program. This bittersweet moment is something to celebrate! The band could not be prouder of it's seniors. To help you pay tribute to their hard work and dedication we are selling senior ads in our 2019 Davis Cup program. The specifics are as follows:
Ad Size: 4 x 2.5 inches
Black & White
Features One Photo & Tribute
Ad Cost: $25
You don't need to design the ad. Please provide one photo and a 30 word or less tribute. Include your students name and instrument(s). See the attached example. Please email your photo and tribute to email@example.com. Pay for your ad by going to http://tinyurl.com/dhsbandgive. Limited space is available, so please act fast. Ads are due by October 11th.
Advertise in the Printed Program
There are several opportunities to advertise your business in the Davis Cup printed program for this great event. Prices start at $75. See the PDF below for more details.
Committee & Volunteers
For the day of the event, there will be several volunteers needed and we will have sign-ups on our Charms calendar.
- Chairperson - Christine Krogue
- Co-Chairperson - John Krogue
- Ads/Promotion Captain - Nancy Hansen
- Ads/Promotion Co-Captain - Mandy Taggart (contact businesses to sell ads that can be placed in the program)
- Judges Captains - Jason & Staci Krantz (coordinate lunch, dinner, snacks, and other accommodations for the judges)
- Judges Captain for Transportation - Mandy Taggart (This involves arranging rides for the judges from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the competition, etc. Typically, this is done through finding volunteer band parents to give rides.)
- Patrons Captain - Ann Smith (coordinate selling tickets and programs)
- Concessions Captain - Maureen Knight
- Concessions Co-Captain - Patricia Rawlings
- Hospitality Tent Captain - Jennifer Hatch (organize food and volunteers for hosting band directors and staff from other schools)
- Parking Captains - Steve & Nancy Ward (supervise volunteers to help with parking of buses and other visitors)
- Hosting Captain - Scott Scharffs (supervise volunteers to greet the bands, give them a host packet, answer questions about where to go, what to do)
- Volunteer Captain - Monica Monson (coordinate getting volunteers for various tasks)